Yaya sure loves her cousins!
She calls them her "boyfriends."
These are just a few pictures from our day at Santa Cruz. I can't recall the last time my family went on vacation together. It's been at least 12 or 13 years so spending even a few days together meant the world to me. This was my nephews' first time to the ocean/beach. They were excited and scared of crabs not sharks of all things. Silly boys! I had fun teaching them how to find seashells after the waves would recede. They found sand dollars, clam shells, soft shelled crabs and a few other questionable creatures.
Here my brother is showing Holden a Sea Lion out in the water. He was swimming within 4-5 feet of people without any apparent concern.
It caught quite a bit of attention as you can see in the picture below.
Just put everyone in black trench coats and you might think it was a scene from the movie City of Angels.
We think it was looking for it's mate on the beach.
Under the boardwalk
Learning the art of sandcastles.
Perfecting the castle moat.
The water girl.
Yaya was excited to be buried in the sand and to have a tail like a mermaid. You should have seen the sand that came out of that girl's swimsuit. YIKES!
Sweet Jack!
Time to be safe and cover up that pretty skin.
We can't wait til our next trip to the beach.
Shannon over at Welcome to the Nuthouse is hosting an on line auction to raise money for Kori and her family. There's tons of great stuff so be sure to head over there and help them out with a bid. You never know, you might even get some early Christmas shopping done. ;)
10 comments:
What beautiful pictures and happy times. Maybe next time I can go too.
Poor little sea lion....
I love the mermaid picture... thats the one thing I hate about sand... it does get EVERYWHERE & will stay there for DAYS to come!
I wish I was there!
Life is all about the beach!!!
the poor seal...I just know she found her partner.
I'm drooling with envy! Looks so beautiful and like so much fun. Great that you all got that time together!
That is serious sand building:-)
what fun summer memories for all of you! wonderful!
~k
i've been there! several years ago. what neat beach finds.
Oh my...what BEAUTIFUL photos! I cannot believe how big YaYa has gotten since my last visit! I am green with envy of your excursion! I keep telling FarmBoy that we MUST get to the beach--SOON!
Sending loads of hugs your way!!
Yaya looks like she lives to go to the beach! What fun!
you know, it's so funny seeing pics of grown up M...i still remember sitting on the bus at the jr. high and seeing him pass by on the sidewalk towards your bus...strange. btw. our new principle at school is, like, 24 or something. i guess i'm feeling old tonite...
just thought i'd share...
Post a Comment