A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Last day in Barcelona, First night on the cruise.

Both mornings in Barcelona were spent at Dino Pan.

They had some wonderful fresh pastries let me tell you. Like most things in our marriage, Bird and I made a contest out of who could find the most tasty treat. YES, it's all about competition with us and he won this round. He found the most heavenly croissants! They were baked with thin slices of Sweet Spanish ham and Parmesan cheese inside. The cheese oozed out at each end and was sprinkled on top for a little added taste of heaven. I could have eaten one of these every day for the rest of my life. Bird is in agreement though he would add their Cafe Lattes to his morning routine too.

There is much to see on top of Montjuic. We could have road the funicular up to the top we were gluttons for punishment and decided to walk, correction, Hike instead. On weekends they have a water show at night that is very popular but we missed it. It is also where the 1992 Summer Olympics were held.

A few beautiful corners on the walk up Montjuic.

 Photo op.
 
Finally to the top of Montjuic. The view was more than worth the hike.

Our final destination was Poble Espanyol created for the 1929 World's Fair. It boasts having over 100 styles of architecture from around Spain in one spot. I heard about it while watching Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe (click on her link to see a 3 minute video of her episode showing many of the things I've included in this post.) Her video convinced me I had to see it with my own eyes.
Have I mentioned that I'm a sucker for handmade linens and gifts? These were just a few crafts showcased in Poble Espanyol.
I love watching artists at work.

These picture don't do this church or square justice.

 
I loved the attention to detail that was given to every part of Poble Espanyol.
Can you imagine laying this floor stone by stone?

These unique statues were actually handles/posts to hold on to as you walked up a hill. They display the various trades found in Spain. (Samantha walks past them twice in her video clip above.)

A little bling for the boys?
Montjuic was hosting a car show and even I was drooling over some of these historic cars.
We found ourselves feeling quite sad that our time in Barcelona was over so soon. We still had so much we wanted to see. However, it was time get back to the hotel to pick up our bags and take a taxi to the port. Walking back to the hotel we found this amazing tree. Its roots, made me look tiny.
A few shots for those of you with green thumbs.
 
Last trip on the metro in Barcelona.
We were very impressed with its cleanliness and ease of use.
Good bye Barcelona. We enjoyed every moment in and around your beautiful city.
 
Hello Navigator of the Seas and
one of the highlights of every cruise.

We were thrilled to get to our room and find we had a view above all the shops from our window.

Our after dinner stroll in the moonlight was very romantic and the perfect way to end our day.
The photographer encouraged us to kiss for that last shot! (*Blushing*)
Are you tired of all the pictures yet?
Our first port of call AKA next post will be on Valencia.

12 comments:

Mama said...

I am so jealous. Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

Nichole said...

Everything is so pretty there! I'm loving looking at all your pictures, keep 'em coming! :o)

Susie said...

So awesome!! My older daughter is going to Granada in the fall! It looks like she is going to have a fabulous time!

cat said...

Great pictures! No,I want to see more!

Mummy McTavish said...

Just managing to catch up... all the sights are great but I can't get my mind off those pastries! I think I would be fine with one of those croissants to start my day every day for the rest of my life too! My favourite treat is a croissant with jam and brie baked till it's all warm and gooey... oh devine! I'm getting hungry, gotta go...

Bug said...

What wonderful pictures and memories that the 2 of you will treasure for always! Thanks for sharing them all! I love living through you pictures and stories!

Love and miss you! I will try to call soon!

Betty said...

Very romantic and pretty awesome the places you´ve been. Loved to see it through your eyes.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

um yeah. the promotion in minneapolis eliminated ALL talks of the family vacay - for the family that never vacays *sigh*. so i shall live vicariously through you and your beautiful pics. oh. and plan one day to accompany my traveling husband to minneapolis. i hear it's cold there.

luvya! keep it coming!

(oh, and my word veri is distiono. sounds very italiano, no?)

Anonymous said...

TIRED OF THE PICTURES?!
NEVER!
I love them....
everything looks so beautiful.
What an awesome trip!
If anything I'm way jealous.
;)

Renata said...

WOW - it all looks amazing! What a great experience you've had.

Susan said...

Your trip looks so wonderful! I've enjoyed all the pictures. Makes me feel like I was there (well, not really, but I wish)

Prudence Arcadia said...

Oooh, yes great coffee....must tell, I have found some exquisite coffee that I buy via cyberspace--you gotta check it out: http://www.mysticmonkcoffee.com/ The caramel coffee is so wonderful you do not even need sugar! (just a bit of unflavored creamer)

But anyways..LOVE the pictures! Montjuic is gorgeous! Love the ocean view, that shade of blue is so incredibly calming to me. Glad you enjoyed Barcelona so much!