Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Just plain TICKED OFF at Hollywood!
I am not usually one who gets all worked up about a stupid movie. That said, there is a new movie out titled, "The Orphan." Though I haven't seen it, the trailers tell a story I'm not all too thrilled with! Does anyone else have a problem with this movie and it's storyline? Tell me I'm not alone and that I'm not just being an oversensitive adoptive parent here.
This is another perfect example of what you put out there into the world impacting REAL PEOPLE's correction CHILDREN's LIVES!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
You know...it's never good to villify kids.
OH MY... I was talking about this with the girls in my youth group.. they were joking about it & said "I'll never adopt now"... & I was like that's EXACTLY what's wrong with this movie!... yep - wrong on MANY levels!
Hollywood scraping the bottom of the barrel again. Didn't they do this storyline already???
I guess I just looked at it as another fictional movie. Maybe I'd see it differently if I actually saw the movie though - which I won't because I tend to avoid scary movies.
The previews have freaked me out-- I always change the channel. I agree with Susie-- children as bad guys is never a smart move!
You know, sweet friend, I could not even look at the trailer on TV...to make a child look demonized in any way just plain haunts me.
And I'm a scardy cat at anything even remotely frightening. I just can't even look at it. No horror movies here.
My precious sister....I pray the Lord wipes out the horrible images and whatever the enemy meant for harm the Lord will use to make good. Love ya bunches.
I'm with you!
It looks sick and twisted.
It's only understandable that you are upset. Adopting is beautiful and precious.
This type of movie produces fear and disrespect of children and we both know that is not of the Lord.
I'm not sure what the movie is about...I'm guessing an adoptive kid who causes trouble...
Hollywood just needs to get a reality check.
This is the first I've heard of that movie. I'm waaay out of the loop. Maybe I'll just stay out :) !
Off topic, ok?
Your simple beautiful message the other day made my day !!!, Frizzy. I could write a whole post an that alone. I have notes so maybe I will... Thank you and thank you and thank you...
Have I abandoned you? While it would seem so - no, you remain in my mind, heart and prayer.
I look very much forward to the block of time I can spend reading about your trip. Thank you for your prayer, too. I can't imagine such a trip... to Rome...
God be with you and yours now and always, I pray in Jesus' Name. +
i haven't heard anything about it...and you know i have adopted kiddos. guess i'll have to check it out...maybe its a decent thing...miss spider is totally awesome!
This is the reason why I love independent and foreign movies. So frigging LAME and stoooopid.
Post a Comment