A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Friday's a BIG DEAL!

Photo taken By Lisa at Just Lisa, No Filler
It's when we attend our first all day adoption class at Bethany. It's also when we put our first deposit down and "officially" begin our second adoption journey. We're looking forward to this class and all that will soon follow. That said, we know it will be a long and emotional day. There will be biological parents and adoptive parents present their sharing their stories and how their decisions have effected them.
It's been interesting talking to Yaya about a baby brother or sister. She's not sure what to think and of course can't quite grasp it. She keeps talking about a baby bruder though. Wonder if that's because her little friend Cecily just brought home a baby brother from her mommy's tummy. Only time will tell if we'll be bringing home a baby bruder or sister for Yaya to play with. We find such comfort knowing God is in control and already has a special bundle of joy waiting for us. It's so exciting waiting to find out how he'll reveal His plan at just the right moment.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so exicted for you! I hope yaya gets a baby bruder soon... (or a sister... I am sure the thrill of being a big sis will be enough...)

Sending you hugs!

Susie said...

What an exciting journey for you all!! I wish for you ease in the process:-)

Mummy McTavish said...

Praying for your Friday. Praying that any waiting time on this journey runs fast and before you know it you'll be holding your precious bundle, handpicked for you by God!

Julie said...

praying that you are encouraged and that everything will go smoothly!!!

Terri said...

Congrats on your new (yet familiar) journey! I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Can hardly wait to make this journey with you!
We will all be sitting on pins and needles waiting to find out if Yaya gets a baby bruder or sister.
Gods' blessing during the entire "journey."

Betty said...

Sounds exciting! Hope you get an answer to your prayers soon!

The Blonde Duck said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear about your new child!

Rotta Family said...

Congratulations!! what a very exciting time for you all.
Christall

Bug said...

What a way to start the weekend! I am really excited for the three of you! Enjoy the long process and journey ahead of you! Love ya!

Just Lisa said...

How exciting! I wish all kinds of good luck! And say hi to my mom and sister while you're there! :)

Wisconsin Girl said...

Thinking of you today and hope you and Bird are having a very great day at the Bethany adoption class.

Unknown said...

How absolutely wonderful! Best of luck! I didn't think it was possible to love my daughter more until I saw what a great big sister she could be!