A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weekend In Napa

Last weekend, my mom and I headed to Napa to celebrate her friend Kathy's 50th birthday and to partake in the Barrell Tasting event. Over 100 Wineries participated but we only made it to 5 or 6 of them. Here's a few gals settling into our Limo.
Our first stop was at Hop Kiln Winery. It was also my favorite because of all it's goodies. I bought a bottle of Aged Balsamic Vinegar that's out of this world with body and flavor. Jess, I bought some cheese curds too. What's wine without a little cheese anyway?
Our second stop was at the Old Mill. Shown below are 5 of the 8 ladies stopping for a quick toast. I bought a beautiful cookbook here which features special recipes from the local restaurants and Inns. Can't wait to try a few of them.
Our third stop was at a Winery downtown Healdsburg. I think this wine was everyone's favorite. It's where most of the bottled wine was purchased anyway.
We grabbed a bit to eat from the local deli and took it to our 4th Winery, Bella. While sitting amonst it's vineyards and olive trees I was instantly transported back to Tuscany. Bella had a wine cave you could walk through. A 4 piece band played and sang as guests sampled wine and toured it's shops. An added bonus for car lovers was when 7 vintage cars pulled up. WOW!
Here's a look at Bella's barn and fields below in the background.
This photo of the entire group was taken at our last stop. I think the winery was called SoHo.
I hope Kathy remembers her 50th birthday for a long time. I know we will.

10 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm so jealous!! I'd love to visit Napa!! Hopefully someday I'll get the opportunity to!

My husband's boss went for 12 days. Over the course of that time he had 10,000 dollars of wine shipped home! LOL! I think they drank a little much and forgot what they were doing.

Nancy said...

This is my old stomping grounds! I used to spend a lot of time up there. My favorite winery is Sattui. This is the perfect time of year to visit there too!
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Susie said...

Wow!! You just hit on my dream vacation!!! Good for you! It looks like a total blast:-)

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

How fun!! Looks like a great time!!

cat said...

You think it was called SoHo! LOL! That says it all. Looks like you had a great great day.

tammy said...

What a fantastic looking day!! That would be so much fun with a limo full of girlfriends. (trying not to be jealous here!)

Betty said...

This looks like such a fun trip! I enjoyed your pictures of it.

Unknown said...

How F U N! Sounds like such a good time!

Wisconsin Girl said...

Ohhhh...must be nice to live within a stone's throw of Napa. Yes, we are a bit jealous (just a tiny bit:) Thanks for thinking of us though with the cheese curds. Bet Wisconsin's are better, but can't argue that about the wine!

Mummy McTavish said...

OOoooohhh, can I come next time? The whole pregnancy and then breastfeeding thing might mean it has to wait a while, oh, and then there's the whole other country thing... but it looks like so much fun!!!!!