A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentine's Past

There are so many reasons why I think My Husband Rocks but recently I've been reflecting on one in particular. I have to say the most memorable Valentine's Day we've ever had was during our first year of marriage. He handed me a Valentine's card that said something like, "Tomorrow night we'll be dining at a very special place for dinner. Be sure to dress up." Then, he told me how he tried to make reservations a week in advance for Valentine's Day but they were already booked solid. Yeah, It's that good! He took a gamble and made reservations for us the following night. Little did even he know how special it would turn out to be. The next night, we dressed up, hopped in the car and headed out for our "special night." Instead of heading to downtown Laramie as I expected he would, Bird drove out of town toward the Snowy Mountain Range. I'm sure I gave him some hassle about not knowing where he was going. The sun was starting to set behind the mountains and the view was absolutely gorgeous! I've seen some of the prettiest sunsets while living in Wyoming. Anyway, we pull up to this place called the Vee Bar Ranch. It's a working cattle ranch with log cabins and a big lodge. We walked into the lodge and were taken to a comfy seating area by the fireplace to warm up. We thought we were waiting there until the other guests arrived. It turned out, we were receiving a special treat because we were the only guests that night. The entire lodge/restaurant was ours! Talk about ROMANTIC! They served hors d'oeuvres while we snuggled on the couch in front of the cozy fireplace. They also took our orders while we cuddled. Soon, we were invited to come to the table and eat. The table was also near the fire. I ordered the steak and Bird ordered the fish. SO GOOD I tell ya! I think that night was one of our most romantic evenings ever! I'll never forget it and how waiting an extra day to celebrate our love made our Valentine's Day Extra Special. To learn where MY HUSBAND ROCKS began head on over to Katy Lyn's Place.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet!my mouth is watering now...(because of the steak)

Can you send me the link to the photo contest? Might be fun..

Mummy McTavish said...

WOW, what a night! It sounds really amazing.

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh my goodness.... that sounds like one of the magical dates on The Bachelor!!!! What a great man to go so out of his way for you... romance - how fun!

cat said...

Oh that was super special! We always miss on Valentines out because the restaurants are no fun on the day. We do something at home or a day or so after.

Debra Kaye said...

Oh my! This sounds just awesome! These precious times just seal a marriage don't they! Praying your Friday is as rockin as your hubby!

Blessings to you, my sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

How Romantic!
What a memory to treasure.

Betty said...

Sweet memories! He´s a keeper!

Dawn said...

That is sweet! He sure does rock! Hope you are all doing great!!!

Kristin said...

I'm so glad you visited my blog today. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about how you came to be a Mommy to YaYa. The similarities to my own adoption story are amazing. I met my Mom when I was 9 mos old also and she had the same issues that you did preventing her from giving birth. If you would like to read my story, it's on my blog at the side. What a beautiful story yours is. As in my own case, it is so wonderful to see God's perfect plan unfold in our lives!

Unknown said...

Yes, I agree...totally romantic! Makes me want to go there!

Your husband definitely earned some brownie points for that one huh? :)