A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Balentine's and Fun with Food

For the past week or so Yaya and I prepared and mailed Valentine's cards to her cousins and extended family. It took a few days because she would lose interest after coloring on about 3 cards. A couple times she told me, "No mommy, the Baletine is for Yaya!" When this happened I would explain we don't make Valentine's for ourselves we make them for people we love. Defeated she would pout, "Ok mommy. I Never get any Balentine's!" It was so hard to see her sad little face. I assured her she would be receiving at least one Valentine on Valentine's day. Here's how she reacted when she opened her own Valentine.
"Oooooh! Mommy! A ABC Puzzle and ABC story book!"
"I love my Balentine!"
Who of us hasn't enjoyed an olive manicure a time or two? Be careful now, you wouldn't want to smudge them!

16 comments:

cat said...

She likes olives? Or am I misunderstanding? Everybody always thinks it is so weird that The Little Miss loves olives.

Mummy McTavish said...

That's so cute! Yaya's antics always give me a giggle, thanks for blogging.

Susie said...

She is just too cute!! Valentine's Day has a great dimension when you celebrate with children. My youngest had a great time making her Valentine's this year. She signed 20 cards for her classmates, teachers and family. So much fun:-)

Julie said...

I love olive manicures too, so does Eli :)

Unknown said...

She is SOOO adorable!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

She is to cute! Thanks for coming by yesterday I have been so busy with school and the new puppy!Hope all is well with your family.

Hugs

Rebecca Jo said...

aahhh - knew she'd get a Balentine- she is afterall LOVED!

Those olives are hilarious!

Susan said...

She is adorable! Love the olives....

I have an award for you, come on over and get it. Thanks for being a bloggy friend!

Rowena said...

Ha! The olive fingers...what a CUTE shot!!!

Betty said...

She´s so cute! It´s great that you are teaching her early to give to people she loves!

Sissy said...

I love Balentines!

Anonymous said...

Too FREAKIN' cute!! ;-)
Tritia

Nichole said...

That is exactly how one of my cousins would eat olives every Christmas!

Dawn said...

She is precious!!! I loved the pictures.

Camryn does the same thing with black olives. It's hilarious!

Unknown said...

Your little Balentine is BEAUTIFUL! I love it. So sweet. She makes me want a baby girl!

aspiring... said...

Frizzy,

I'm enjoying your posts very much, and the music you have attached to your site. Sooo pleasant. One night a Stevie Ray Vaughn song played that my husband plays for me, and sings to me, too. Oh my! (I couldn't pay attention to your site while I listened to that one of course! haha!)

I very much appreciate your post about gratitude that you pointed out to me, especially the Scriptural references you included in it. Gratitude is the biggest of ideas to me. I could, and I have, gone on and on about it ever since one magical moment when I came to understand the nature and dynamics of it.

I'm sorry to be out of touch as I go along in your site. Time is the problem with that. I check my favorite sites from my phone, believe it or not, usually while on the go.

Time, by the way, is also the problem with finishing my work on your photo of Yaya. I'm working on the photo in small doses, and I will eventually return it to you. I think what moved me most about it was your saying that it's representative of her. I don't remember your exact words, but I understood what you meant. It's an important time-stopping, full-to-overflowing-of-her, expression-you-see-often, photo - perhaps an image you'll always have within you aside from any version you see with your eyes. I have my own like that of my children, too.

You'll never believe this! That Stevie Ray Vaughn song is playing again! Right now! Gotta go! Haha!

Thank you very much for your kind expressions at my site. God bless you.