Thanksgiving night 2007, we took Yaya to Knott's Berry Farm. I wanted to take in the Annual Christmas market and Bird couldn't wait to ride the rides. It was fun watching Yaya take in the sights, sounds and smells. She loved the roller coasters as they whizzed by her. She road a few rides with mom and wasn't too sure how they made her tummy feel. The biggest part of the night happened when we stumbled upon Santa. If you click on the photo below you'll see Santa sitting off in the distance with Bird pointing at him. Yaya was not too sure about him.

Here we are torturing her by making her pose with him. Thankfully you can't see the huge tears rolling down her cheeks.
Last weekend we attended a local craft show and traumatized her again.
Just wheeling her into the room made her eyes pop out of her head. The last straw was when I started taking her out of her stroller just to hold her. SHE SCREAMED BLOODY MURDER!
We left in a hurry with her crying the whole way out the door. At what age does Santa become their friend and not their enemy?
If you want to hear how the Yellow Chicken and Blonde Duck's first encounter went click here.
18 comments:
That's ok...Amelia screams and runs...Olivia tries to be brave but at the last minute freaks out and Nathan, well...he thinks he's too old for that stuff now!
After all...a lot of these guys look kinda creepy! Can we blame them for loosing it?
Your pictures are great!
Now you get to do the second date! :)
I think it's kind of good that little children are scared of Santa, after all he does look pretty strange.
It's either 3 or 4 before they stop screaming. My youngest had a ball this year but my oldest was over Santa by 7. So, that only gives us a good 3 years:-( I thought it would be much longer than that.
My nieces just this year at 4 yrs old warmed up to him... at least one of the twins - the other one refused to sit on his lap - stood next to him & told the photographer - "I'm not going to smile".... at least she's honest!
And I already read about how romantic the "date" went... thats hilarious!
I never had any trouble. The Ladies dad is old, with a white beard and a big fat belly. So seeing santa is like seeing dad.
I think the Santa pictures are just for the parents... but we all seem to have this need to get our kids pics with them... we are crazy! Our poor kiddos!
Frizzy,
I remember Knotts Berry Farm as being one of my favorite places in California! My hubby and I went there together several times. We have some of their 'rocks' that we had sawed into and theres beautiful crystals in them.
Poor Yaya...my children were always afraid of Santa too. All of their pictures with Santa were with scared looks too! :(
Happy Wednesday, sweet friend. Pray all is well!
oh this is good. :)
"At what age does Santa become their friend and not their enemy?"
It never happened at our house. :(
Our boys were afraid of him (unless in book or movie form) and then when they weren't any longer they thought it was dumb to go sit on his lap. Bummer for Mom & Dad huh?
Have a good Wednesday!!!!
Love your stories.
A childhood isn't right without a little trauma! :)
My youngest was exactly the same! She always hid behind something, when Santa came to our house...
poor baby girl - we have had a few of those incidents!!
Poor baby! My girls were always scared of Santa (and even now at ages 7 and 6, they still aren't crazy about him coming into the house). Unfortunately, my son (3) has never met Santa because his sisters won't go near him...maybe this is the year.
Oh, no!
I never had pics with Santa while my girls were babies. I think the 1st time we visited Santa they were almost 3 and almost 5. So maybe they weren't afraid of him because they weren't so young???
I don't dare take Camryn to see Santa. She's scared of everything in costume.
I really ought to just photoshop her onto his lap for pictures! LOL!
Cute pictures.
My kids always found him scary - we've never done the photo thing, but just the whole outfit is scary to little ones!
That makes me think of the kid who freaks out on A Christmas Story when he visits Santa.
I'm not sure how old I was when I would finally visit Santa. I do have a very vivid memory of thinking I was going to go talk to him and then freaking out while I was on his lap. Then I paniced when I got back to my mom because I thought Santa was mad at me. Ahhh memories ;o)
what is with little ones and being scared with Santa? I couldn't figure that out. Crazy! ha! Maybe it's his beard or his big belly! he he - She seem like she did have fun inspite.
Post a Comment