To begin, I want to thank my Secret Santa, Rachel for the awesome gift shown below. It arrived today. I love the lotion and can't wait to use the bath soap. I'll be using the Evergreen spray tomorrow to reduce the smell of tonight's dinner in the house. YOU ARE AN AWESOME SECRET SANTA! Thank you and Kori for all of your hard work. You both made my Christmas extra special!
As I mentioned yesterday, I had my family over tonight for dinner. It was extra special because I cooked for my parents & grandparents in my home. This was a first for me! I made a Tri-tip steak marinated in Rosemary and Chardonnay. Sides included broccoli with cheese sauce, cranberry and orange sauce and stuffing. Dessert was peanut butter cookies with milk or dark chocolate kisses in the center.
Here's a few before picture of my dining room and table.
Here's a few after pictures.
My dad AKA Pappy, his mom AKA Great Grandma and Nana.
Great Grandpa, Pappy and Yaya playing dress-up with Nemo.
Pappy having fun teasing Yaya. Oops! I mean Nemo.
Evidently my cookies didn't have enough chocolate (hahaha!) so Great Grandpa shared his special chocolate bar called, "Death by Chocolate" from Pike's Place Market in Seattle.
20 comments:
yeah I am so excited for you... what a blessing...a gift in the mail and a gift with your family... how fun! I cannot wait to get my gift from my secret swap partner, I played too... and my partner got my gift already... so fun.
See, that's true Christmas right there. Family and fun, no last minute shopping rush or demands for high-price gifts. How refreshing.
Here's the first part of Rosalita:
http://aduckinherpond.blogspot.com/2008/12/preview-story-of-rosalita.html
And the second:
http://aduckinherpond.blogspot.com/2008/12/story-of-rosalita-part-2.html
If you wish, I can just e-mail you the rough draft from my book.
I'd guess from the smiles you werent the only one who thought it was a wonderful night!
How cute is little Nemo!!!
What a great event! You all look so happy:-)
How fun! Two special things - the package and family! What a day you have had!
You did great in the SSS!! Love all of your pics...and that Nemo costume is just too cute!
This looks like such a great night! I love that the Nemo outfit is still out and about! Too cute!
Happy Tuesday, Frizzy! Hugs to you!
Great pictures...and your house and table are lovely!
Great gifts! That scent from Bath & Body is one of my favs!
Looks like your dinner was a success! Mmmmmm... got any leftovers for me????
What a fun get together. Looks like everyone had a great time, and that dinner you made sounds delicious!
I have an award waiting for you on my blog :o)
Oh - and I'll email you my recipe.
I didn't do the secret swap -- I missed out on that one. I know you enjoyed having you family there.
Hugs,
Anissa
What a nice evening and your home was beautiful. I loved seeing the smiles on all of the faces. So glad the evening was a loving success!!
love you! so glad you had this special Christmas to remember moment...
Sounds like a lovely dinner! How nice to have 4 generations all together around the table. Yaya looks like she's having a lot of fun there!
I can only imagine how wonderfully accomplished you must have felt in getting to cook for family in your own home. Everything looks superb!
Now tell me, when are you gonna make some fresh pasta? ;-)
Isn't time with family so very precious? We went to Branson this past weekend, and in light of the LONG drive...I had Ky write in her journal. Her subject was "My Favorite Thing To Do at Christmas". I thought for sure she would say going to Branson, decorating, or presents....but to my amazement, she wrote about her family--seeing people that she normally does not get to see, and spending time together. There was nothing about presents, or our annual trip....it was all about spending time with her family. Talk about catching my breath...just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. So I totally get this post.....time and memories with family is the best gift of all.
God Bless! I sure do miss you,and I think of you often! I am hoping to get a little more "normal" in February, when my contract for this 2nd job is up!
If I don't chat w/ you before Christmas, have a very blessed holiday. I'll be thinking of you and your wonderful family!! Hugs n' kisses!!
looks like you got a great gift. I love spending time with the family.
thanks for the compliment on the book that I made for Cassie. unless youve actually made a book before, you cant quite appreciate the work that goes into it. now I just get to wait for my gift! =)
Okay, I can totally tell from the picture of Yaya with her Pappy that there is a total bond there! They are so happy together:) Love your Christmas wall hangings. I have nothing like that and my mom and I hunted for some this year, but I had no luck yet. I especially like that the snowman one has a religious tone to it too...harder to find. Is that new? I don't remember it? Sounds like such a special dinner. And the tri-tip sounded yummy too!
There is some of my favourite items this Christmas season. Enjoy!! I took part in the exchange as well, and I am anxiously awaiting my package. Merry Christmas.
Pam
Post a Comment