A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for falling leaves, my mom and Yaya!

16 comments:

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Those are amazing pictures!! Looks like so much fun!!

Tracey said...

GREAT PICTURES! YOU SHOULD FRAME THIS ENTIRE SERIES!!!

Jess said...

I love it!

I agree with Tracey, you have to frame the collage, too cute not too!

BBB said...

Ditto everyone else - those pictures are WONDERFUL!!! You MUST frame them!

Dawn said...

Those pictures speak for themselves! Just amazing!

Bug said...

I LOVE these photos!

I am back from KC and St. Joe. Sad and hard 2 days. I will fill you in. We pretty much just got home and I needed to check something on the computer so I thought I would 'stop' by for a quick peek!

I will call you soon with an update of the events. Continue to keep Zach, Chris, and Scott in your prayers. They really need them. I hate being this far away.

Scott and you are in my prayers as well. What a tough time for all.

Oh...and while I was gone, I got a text from a friend of mine that her mom passed away Tuesday night. Ugh....What a time right now!

Love ya! Give Yaya lots of hugs and kisses for me!

The G' Unit said...

LOVED these! PRiceless!
T

Shannon said...

Fun! I was just thinking today that I need to get Shane out in the yard to rake up the leaves... so the girls can jump in the piles!

I LOVE that last picture... LOVE it!

Unknown said...

Oh I love all of them... but the last one, you need to blow that up POSTER size! She is a DOLL!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pics...all of them, and I agree, esp. the last one...that look on her face is priceless. The look on your mom's face playing with her is priceless too. I'm so glad YaYa is able to spend this time with her grandparents.

Patti said...

I found your blog through Debra, as she mentioned you in the Paying It Forward post. I loved reading your profile, and I just wanted to say that our family is walking the adoption path as well. We have 2 biological children (16 and 18), but have been battling secondary infertility for 14 years. The Lord put adoption on our hearts a few years ago, and now we are knee-deep in the red tape that goes along with it. I hope that we will soon be following in your footsteps and welcoming a little one into our family.

Just yesterday, I was listening to Dennis Rainey on Family Life Today (one of those 30 second things), and he was encouraging people to consider adoption. He actually talked about a pastor friend who introduced his adopted baby daughter to his congregation...and not a single person applauded. He was grieving that that congregation didn't have the passion for adoption that his pastor friend does. I do believe that Christians are dropping the ball on this. James 1:27 is very clear that Christians (not the state) are to be caring for orphans, but, sadly, many believers appear not to know that Scripture.

Blessings,
Patti

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Now THAT looks like fun!

Becky said...

I found your blog through Tracey's. I'm an adoptive mom as well! I have two gifted miracles myself!
Your daughter is a cutie!
I like what you say, if someone doubts God, read your story! I totally agree!!!!
I was able to share the story of how God brought us both of our cildren after infertility through adoption at a MOPS group. There is no doubt of His hand in it all!!
Blessings!

Renata said...

What gorgous pictures. Looks like fun playing in those leaves!

Lance said...

Wonderful pictures - thanks for sharing them. Everyone just shows so much happiness!! What a great reminder for all of us - to have fun and love life!

Debra Kaye said...

Frizzy,

She is beyond precious! I love these pictures! The last one just touches my heart...oh my goodness...how do you ever tell her no? lol

((hugs)) to all of you!