A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Boo at the Zoo!

The evening started off with a surprise visitor and COOL treat. Our friends Greg, Louise and their son Chad (who was commissioned into the USAF last week YEAH!) came by with this beautiful pumpkin they had carved of Yaya's face. Yaya's eyes were big as saucers when she looked at it. She said, "Mommy, that's not Yaya! It scares me!" as she shaking like a leaf on a tree. She can make her entire body shiver/shake in an instant. She's an actress IE Drama Queen to the core!

We had pizza for dinner and once everyone arrived we were off to "Boo at the Zoo." What could be cooler than trick or treating with the wild animals?! Hm, not sure if I'm referring more to the kids or the actual animals here. Yaya was great! She loved being able to wear makeup. Once I put it on her she wanted me to be sure and wear some too. Funny kid.
Here we've just entered the zoo and Yaya sees something she's not too sure of...Uh OH! Admit it. You'd be afraid to stand between a gorilla and a giant banana too wouldn't you?!
Still not sure she should trust the gorilla. I can read her mind.
"I'm not taking my eyes off that guy."
The zoo had 100's of jack-o-lanterns carved and placed all the way around the flamingo pond.
Just when she started to think it was safe to relax Simba showed up.
She wasn't afraid of the black widows, snakes, lizards, rats or witch.
She finally started to get the idea of saying, "Trick or Treat" and receiving candy.
She loved it and then would say, "Thank you. Happy Halloween!"

I have to say the highlight of the night for all the kids wasn't the animals, costumes or candy.
It was the disco stage! The kids went nuts dancing all over the place. I had to laugh because there was more dancing on that dance floor than I remember at my Jr. High dances.
No wall flowers here!
Our Trick or Treat Crew
I'm not sure how the zoo did it but when they say 4:30-8:00 they mean it. The rain returned promptly at 8:00. So much so that it cleared the zoo and snuffed out the candle in the Nemo pumpkin immediately after taking this picture.
I'm thinking these last pictures are proof that Boo at the Zoo was a complete success!

20 comments:

Jess said...

I'm sorry, all I read on your post was blah blah blah once I saw pix of that stinkin' cute kiddo.

Please pack her up and send her to KC. kthanks.

Nichole said...

What a cutie! Love her huge smile in those last couple pictures :o)

That pumpkin carved with Yaya's face is just too cool! The talent that some people have.

Julie said...

she is so cute!

Dawn said...

It looks like the zoo was a fun time!! I can't believe how the pumpkin of YaYa's face came out!! I wish I had that kind of patience!!!

Susie said...

What a great Halloween you guys had!!! Awesome:-)

Bug said...

Oh...how adorable! It looks like you all had a fantastic time at the zoo! I am sooo happy for you guys.

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

oh my stars she is growing up right before our eyes! Look how BIG she looks in those last photos! She is gorgeous!

Yay to a fun night! Our Boo at the Zoo is a little TOO WILD for us - we did it one year. Probably won't again. Poor kids.

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

She is a doll! Aden had fun to for halloween -- but our forgot about Zoo Boo they have it in Alex about 40 min. from us. I will have to take him next year.

I can see she had a wonderful time.

Wanted to let you know I put some new designs up!

I have some pictures of Aden and Ariel playing in the mud. Come check them out!

Hugs,

Kelly said...

Adorable...I love your little Nemo!!
Looks like you all had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Was that really a year ago already that Nemo was bigger than her? So cute to see her in it again and compare. Also to remember all that has happened in a year. Glad you all had such a fun night. Thanks so much for sharing all the great pics! She just gets cuter every day, doesn't she:)

~Trish~ said...

Awe I found Nemo!!!

MsTypo said...

Thank you so much for offering to keep me in the drawing. **hugs** It isn't so much a matter of breakage as it "mysteriously disappearing" in the Egyptian mail system. We're in the process of setting up a po box back in the states so maybe next time.

Thank you so much!!! :) :) :)

Breanne said...

How fun and she looks soooo cute! Sure... I will do the pass it on. I thought I had replied to you by email but I guess I just sent it to a no reply email from your comment on my blog. No Problem if I ma too late.

Those pumpkins look awesome.

Anonymous said...

This was a great post of your Halloween Outing. Zoo nights are so fun. We have enjoyed many over the years. That pumpkin of Yaya was amazing. To bad they cannot be preserved! Guess you have the great pictures to capture the experience. Your little Nemo was precious!!

Debra Kaye said...

Oh my goodness what a great time it looks like she had! And what a great idea! Honestly, she is too cute for words.

Great pictures! Blessings to you and your sweet family, Frizzy!

Debra Kaye said...

Frizzy,

yes please!

junglemama said...

Cute costumes! I bet all the jack-o-lanterns were awesome to see!

cat said...

Looks like that was great fun! Cute little Nemo-girl.

Terri said...

Boo at the Zoo looks awesome! That is the cutest Little Nemo I have ever seen! And the pumpkin! Oh My, that is awesome!!

Shannon said...

Love the pumpkins... great pics!

The smile on Yaya's face in the last two pics... so cute!