Lentil Soup
by Giada De Laurentiis
I love her recipes as they are simple and always bursting with flavor!
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 Medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 (141/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 lb. lentils (approximately 1 1/4 cups)
11 Cups low-salt Chicken broth
4-6 fresh thyme sprigs
2/3 Cup dried elbow pasta
1 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and saute until the vegetables are tender, about 5-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juices.
Simmer all until the juices evaporate a little and the tomatoes break down, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add the lentils and mix to coat.
Cover and simmer over low heat until the lentils are almost tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in pasta. Simmer until the pasta is tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.
Buon Appetito!
16 comments:
Love lentils! One of those wonder foods! Will try this recipe in winter.
You're making me want to get a fire going in the fireplace! Of course, it's not cold here, so maybe not a good idea, but that soup looks delicious!
uhm, YUMO!
I love Pampered Chef entirely too much. Its addicting.
yummy! my hubby is vegetarian and lentil soup is one of his fave. It's raining here now, hmm ...I can probably make him cook it tonight :)
btw, thanks for playing in my promo, I wish you luck!
Not a fan of Lentil's -- I'm so picky with food. Thanks for sharing -- Much Love -- and thanks for sending farmgirl my way!
Anissa
I've never had lentils, this may be something to try this winter.
I looove Pampered Chef! I haven't looked at their products for awhile. I'm off to check out the link you left.
Have a great day :o)
Writes the recipe down for a cold winter day. Thank you for this.
Jillian
HELP Frizzy! I am trying to put my award on my page and I just can't figure it out. How do I get the picture in the post and then also on the sidebar?
Me not a fan of Lentils either. But, if I was...I would so be all over this recipe! :)
Help Me Please! Love ya!
I love Pampered Chef! I used to be a consultant but they really limit the online stuff and I really wanted to blog. So, I moved on but I still love there stuff. In fact, I got the new napkins at my SIL's party in September. Love it!!
Lentil soup for the soul!
Girl you got it goin on in the food department!!!
Another yummy recipe I'll try when I'm up and adam. :)
Thanks so much for your get well wishes.
YOu're the best!
lol @ the comment. I am a wealth of useless knowledge! ;)
Frizzy,
I love Giada and her recipes. They are always so full of flavor and easy (which is always good for me).
Your soup looks delicious! Blessings to you this evening!
I've left you a little something on my blog.
Mmmmm... I bet that smelled so good while it was cooking!
This soup looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the rcipe!
Post a Comment