A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Favorite Flashback Photos

I Heart Faces is a new blog with a weekly contest you can enter by submitting your closeup shots. Categories are adults and kids. Come participate. You know you have at least one face in mind. I entered these shots of Yaya.

Wish us luck!
These pictures were taken of her when she was 1. It's one of the only times she let me put curlers in her hair and kept them in long enough to get a picture.

25 comments:

Renata said...

She is absolutely gorgous! I'm surprised she even let you get them in her hair - I don't think Ellie would let me even now & she's 4!

Just Lisa said...

This is adorable! I really don't think Allie would let me get even one curler in, let alone a whole head!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

She is just to cute! My little girl would never let me put curlers in her hair. Thanks for sharing -- Much Love --

Anissa

Susie said...

That is the best!!She looks great! And yeah...my four-year old wouldn't even tolerate one so, you might have a girlie girl than most:-)

As for my blog, thanks for your congrats:-) I won $25 off my next dinner at Fratellos (the restaurant where the competition is held).

Dawn said...

She is so cute! I love the curlers in her hair!

~Trish~ said...

OMG that is the cutest thing!!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember that! Look how little she is. How she LOVED her bath time. Such fun memories. Thanks for sharing!

Breanne said...

SHe is so stinking cute!!! My mom used to roll my hair in those. Love these pics.

Debra Kaye said...

Oh my stars what cute pictures and what a beautiful YaYa! Happy Tuesday, Frizzy!

Blessings to you!

Becky W said...

Your little girl is precious!!! Thank you so much for stopping by on the BATW tour!! Feel free to come back any time!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Hey got your card today -- I love it -- girl you should make those and sale them -- it is beautiful. Your are very welcome -- but it is you I should thank for letting me design it! Much Love

Anissa

tiarastantrums said...

oh - super cute!!

Nichole said...

I saw these pictures and made the girly "ohhhh" sound and face. She is too cute! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs4444 said...

What a little cutie pie! :) So sorry to have just now found your comment on my Most EmBARASSing moment post a while back; happy to have made you laugh/cry :)

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Neither one of the girls around here would EVER allow that...

I'm impressed that either one of you had the patience!

{{{hugs}}}
~k

Shannon said...

She is just too adorable!

I've been able to use curlers on Drama Princess a few times... but Little Miss absolutely refuses to try them!

Mum-me said...

How cute! Lovely photos.

I had to say - yours is the first blog I come across where I didn't feel mute the music. I looked at your playlist and I like them all!

And I liked the look of that lenil soup recipe. I have a simliar recipe but yours has more yummy bits in it.

Anonymous said...

She is just so PRECIOUS!

Ari Forrester said...

how adorable!! awww!! i wish we all lived closer so could spend more time with that doll. :)

Dawn said...

Hi! Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog! I just love when I get someone new commenting. It makes my day! :)

Your daughter is absolutely adorable! I wish my little one had enough hair to put in curlers! LOL

Great blog! Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable : ).

Drew said...

Seems a long way off for my daughter to have enough hair to put in curlers. Love your pictures...she's a cutie!

Betty said...

She is adorable!! I would love to squish her... :)

heidiannie said...

cute- love the curlers!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

She sure is a cutie!

Thanks for joining in on the fun this week,

~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces

P.S. Please remember to put our button on your post next week (it can be found on the main page of our blog.) That way we will know for sure that your post is for our contest. :)