A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Friday, September 19, 2008

God, give me strength!!!

God, give me strength!!!
So, here's the story behind this prayer.
I found this dress in the back of YaYa's closet while looking
for a warm outfit for her to wear. It's a 2T. AACK!
That's the size she's in now and outgrowing in some cases.
Naturally, I put it on her to see if it still fit and took some pictures.
These were the first shots with her baby Gabby.
Here she's dancing with herself and her baby in the mirror.
Not so fun anymore, she's losing patience with me.
I can hear her thinking,
"If I have to say Cheese one more time I'm gonna scream!"
Which brings us back to the beginning, or should I say, The end?
Don't forget to go see Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta.
There's always a party at her place so come along.

22 comments:

Debra Kaye said...

OK, she could not be any cuter! What a beautiful little blessing!

Happy Friday to you, sweet one!

Julie said...

so cute, love the dress... and I get so frustrated with my boys when I am trying to take a picture... don't they get it? ha ha.

Bug said...

Adorable! I love the dancing and first pics with Gabby ones! Love, Love, Love them! Glad she got to wear the dress at least once before she out grows it! :)

Anonymous said...

Love these pics and your comments! Oh how she is growing...where does the time go?

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

To cute! Aden would of just put his head on the floor and hid his face. These kids grow so fast -- My kids are growing out of everything. Much Love and Thanks for Sharing.

Lauren W said...

She is so sweet! I just love them :)
Happy Friday!

Jess said...

Awe, so sweet. I love that little dress.

Unknown said...

I love those pictures! What a cutie!

Candid Carrie said...

Thank you for playing again!

Susie said...

What a cutie pie!! I know what you mean...get it on her quick before she grows out of it in 5 minutes!!

Shannon said...

The pics are adorable... and what a cute dress!

I've even found clothes with tags on them that I've bought for my oldest girl... that she never wore!!!! Thank goodness I had another girl to wear them!

Unknown said...

WHat a baby doll! My kids are so over my taking pictures of them everyday... i just want to hold on to every moment ya know?

BBB said...

Those are wonderful pictures and that dress is gorgeous...

And you never know it may still work as a mini-dress someday...

Gert is 5 and the other day came out in some capri pants... or so I thought... till I looked at the tag.... 2T

Dawn said...

What a beautiful little face!!! I love the dress and the dancing in the mirror!

Nichole said...

What a cutie! Such fun pictures :o)

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving and comment. :o)

Your daughter is beautiful. :o) I am a mom of two adopted boys and my granddaughter was placed for adoption. I know first hand what a blessing adoption can be. :o)

Skeller said...

Oh! Your blog is beautiful! And your daughter is perfectly adorable :-)

Thanks for dropping by my blog via BATW. Quick answer to your question: I use a Canon Rebel xt and a Canon 5d camera (yesterday's post was with the Rebel, Wednesday's post with the 5d). I use Lightroom software to edit all my photos. The color vibrance comes usually with a little boost to contrast.

Blessings, Susan

Kathy said...

I was out blog surfing and ran across yours. I had to stop and say hello and tell you what a beautiful daughter you have. She is adorable. Love the expression on her face!

Tracey said...

I've put you on my blog roll...thanks for the support!

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

She is cute and I love her dress!

Renata said...

She's beautiful. Love the dress!

Meridith said...

She is beautiful....