A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Chicken Festival

Fair Oaks 3rd Annual Chicken Festival
What a weekend!
It was one of those where we had nothing planned.
Turns out there were tons of festivals in town.
Saturday afternoon, we decided to check out the
Chicken Festival down the road.
It takes place in old town Fair Oaks.
Fair Oaks is known for all of the chickens who have free range.
They're everywhere!
For example, did you know chickens roost in trees
or that they enjoy playing on the playground?
I've asked how this came to be but so far haven't got an answer. What I have learned is that being a chicken is Cool these days. It seems everyone wants to be one.
Like with all festivals there was a band, dancing,
food, craft booths, beer garden.
Yaya enjoyed making new friends
and racing on top of the hay bales.
Here's a few other fun pics from our afternoon.
What do you think about this sign?
I couldn't help but laugh while reading it.
Why would this be a good way to advertise?
Then again, after a festival many people
probably answered, "YES!"
The festival was fun for all
and the chickens were perfect hosts.
They even walked us to our car.

13 comments:

Jess said...

chickens are creepy.

thank god for the cute children in the post or I would have run screaming from my laptop. :)

Nichole said...

That's crazy that they have chickens running all over the place. Looks like it was a good time though!

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Good Heavens you guys have a lot of festivals. And Yaya gets cuter with every photo I see!

Shannon said...

Sounds like ya'll had fun... but I would have had to skip this one. Chickens on the loose?!?! Huh uh... no thank you! I do not like fowl of any kind to be near me. Birds kinda freak me out.

We have a few woodpeckers and hummingbirds in our backyard... and cardinals, too... and these are ok to look at. 'Cause they're pretty. But they need to keep their distance from me if they want to continue staying in my backyard!

Oh, and we have LOTS of mourning doves... can't stand 'em! Their incessant cooing and beady little eyes...

Renata said...

I love my chickens! The festival looks like fun, fun, fun! Our chickens free range all day & I often find them in the garden. Glad you had a good day out!

Debra Kaye said...

This looks like too much fun! The pics of YaYa are just too cute...was she doing the chicken dance?

Glad you had a time of :)'s and hopefully you were Gas Free! haha

Lovely post my sweet friend. Blessings to you today!

Tracey said...

Love small town events. This is great! Also love the "gas pains" sign...good laugh!!

Lauren W said...

HAHA! What a fun weekend :) Y'all got some really great pictures!

oº˚ Homeschool Mom˚ºo said...

Sounds like yall had fun! I'm scared of chickens, I use to have to pick the eggs at moms. It made me so nervous. Thanks for sharing -- Much Love --

Tammy_Skipper said...

Does it make you feel like you are in Italy again? I mean, ANY reason is a good reason to have a festival there too! LOL!

FarmGirl said...

Too dang funny! I though our "Soybean Festival" was a hoot! I must call our chamber right away! I want to go to a chicken festival!! Now THAT's my cup-o-tea!!!

Looks like you had loads of fun...and that sign, too funny! Seriously cracked me up!

Glad you had a great weekend!

Susie said...

I guess there is a festival for everything:-)

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious and so unique