A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

What did I do to deserve this?

Today I'm feeling like the luckiest mom alive after some fun in the sun in our backyard. I'm healthy. I'm happy. I'm blessed beyond my wildest dreams. She was having so much fun running around naked in her baby pool. Yet, I was shocked when Yaya suddenly ran to me with her arms wide open and hugged me. Why is that? Lately, she is all about the LOVE! "I Nuv you mommy!" It melts my heart every time. It was hot and I wasn't prepared for this photo op as you can see. A quick clip in my hair, no make-up or clothes on her says it all. You want to know the best part? She loves me anyway. I was so unprepared for her sweet sweet display of affection. I'm doing all I can not to laugh in her face in the last shot.
EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE THIS BLESSED AND HAPPY!
EVERYONE!

12 comments:

FarmGirl said...

Ahhhhh....doesn't that just melt your heart! Those are some of my fondest memories of Ky....I could feel my heart tugging whenever she would run up to me with arms wide open....heck, now I am lucky that she'll walk next to me in WallyWorld. Luckily, she still likes to snuggle...at home only! But I'll take it however I can get it! I must say, it is gloriously cool now...maybe 70 degrees...but guess what! It's flippin' rainin again! Go figure...you'd think we'd moved to the rain forest! Anyway...how did I switch thoughts so fast...oh well, hoping you understand! See ya later (funny lady) *smile*

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

WooHoo! Love me some sweet sugah!

(Wow - you look just like your mom in that first shot!)

These pictures make me miss you even more than usual.

Bug said...

I LOVE IT! You both look so happy! She is so adorable and SO full of unconditional love! That is the best always! So happy for you!

Miss ya all!

Nichole said...

The "I Nuv you mommy" is too cute!! Hope you had a great day.

Terri said...

Could she be any cuter! I love the spontanious (sp) hugs and kisses. They are the best!

~Trish~ said...

How flippin cute is that!!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. I bet you could just gobble her up!

Anonymous said...

Awww I miss those days! I mean, the hugs, the love...the innocence! LOL She is precious! And girl...you still look beautiful without make up & your hair done, you can see you are just plain HAPPY!:)

Anonymous said...

I agree with that last comment...beautiful and in the moment and blissfully happy! Those pictures couldn't get any better. You might need to pull those out as she hits her teenage years:) Sooooo cute and glad you were able to capture that moment. Thanks for sharing!

Prudence Arcadia said...

Arw! It's such a wonderful feeling! The BEST!! It's indescribable! And I love the photo essay!

For someone to need you, love you that much....ahhhh! *doki doki*

Renata said...

What beautiful pictures! Children are such a blessing from the Lord!

Jenn H said...

You are so right...it's just the most amazing feeling in the world to feel their arms around you and know that they love you so incredibly much and that your her center of the universe!!! I didn't notice that your hair wasn't done or no makeup, I noticed a wonderful mommy/daughter moment that is priceless :) Made me tear up.