A little about me and my family...

My photo
My love of people, photography and the world began as a child. My family moved a lot and taking pictures was my way of remembering friends, capturing special places or moments and holding them close. Becoming a wife and a mother has always been a dream of mine and I count my blessings daily. I started this blog shortly after our daughter, Yaya joined our family through the blessing of adoption. Its purpose was to share pictures and stories about our life with family and friends. Later, it shared our adoption journey to our second daughter, Baby Bird as well. Now that our family is complete I like to think of it as our family’s journal or life book. I'm passionate about life, my family and preserving our history one snapshot at a time. The thing that amazes me most is the abundance of beauty God blesses us with every day and in the simplest ways if only we take the time to slow down and appreciate them.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Package Came Today. Hooray!

Last week I ordered a few things from my friend, Sharon. She is a Pampered Chef representative and she's oh so great! It came today, Squeee! Like pottery, kitchen gadgets are another little thing that make me so happy. I haven't bought anything for my kitchen or from PC in over 4 years so I figured I was long overdue. I splurged. My 1st excuse was I hate using my Polish pottery outside. I would cry if I broke any of it and would hate it if someone else broke it on accident either. Honest I would! I can be angry at myself but not my friends/family for such a thing. Anyway, I saw this cute plate set and it also had a little carrying caddy that holds, silverware and napkins to boot. So, I bought the caddy, the plates, the matching cups. I figured I can use my own silverware. My 2nd excuse was I needed a nice big cutting board. After all the Big glass one I have is more for decoration and it seems to dull my knives. The big wooden one that goes across my sink can't be used for raw meats or I could make myself or someone else very sick. Couldn't risk that so I bought a cutting board too. My 3rd excuse was a way I could save the environment. When I bake cookies, I could use a cooling rack instead of paper towels. This would cut down on my crap going into landfills. My cookies would no longer get paper stuck to the bottoms of them. Nobody wants paper stuck to their shoe let alone their cookies so I bought a cooling rack. Last, I love to cook and often take food to my parent's home for dinner. They both work and so does Bird. Having a casserole carrying tote would mean I could cook in my own kitchen and then take the food to their home or friend's homes w/o my meal cooling off or vise verse for a cold dish. (The large black thing in the background is a hot/cold casserole carrying tote.) Totally makes sense plus, it was being discontinued. Had to get it now or it would be gone! BONUS? I spent enough to earn the free potholder and I won the heart trivet in her raffle. Can't wait for company and an excuse to eat outside! Anyone want to come over for dinner and cookies or a fresh homemade strawberry or blueberry pie? In case you want any of this cute stuff and/or don't have a representative here's Sharon's email address. SHE DID NOT ASK ME TO DO THIS. I PROMISE!!! pchefsamorris@msn.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so when do you want to start?
Honestly, that was a better presentation than most consultants I know! We do have a 50% rebate on the kit right now!
Thanks so much. I'm glad you're excited about your stuff - hope you enjoy it all.
Thanks for the plug -- I do reward referrals (but you didn't know that did you.) I'll call if I hear from anyone!

Rowena said...

First of all, I LOVE the new look of your blog! And secondly, if I only had more counter/storage space in my kitchen, I'd be buying up a lot of gadgets and cookware as well. Living over here...well you must already know..with the tuscan ceramics I could seriously do some damage to my credit card!

Jess said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my PC baking rack. I use it for EVERYTHING. I even use it in the fridge if I need an extra shelf temporarily. (I have 3!) I love their stuffs! I am addicted to kitchen gadgets and cooking stuff too. I love it.

tiarastantrums said...

oh, shopping is alwasy fun - try wax paper under your cookies - better than papertowels!

Jenn H said...

Ooooohhhh, love the new kitchen gadgets and gear!!! I also am a huge fan of everything kitchen related! Glad you had a chance to splurge and fresh homemade strawberry or blueberry pie sounds delicious!
PS Would you mind if I added you to my blog roll?

Shannon said...

I love PC stuff. Kitchen gadgets in general are so cool! Can never have enough.

And who doesn't like getting packages delivered?!? :)

Bug said...

Paper towels huh...I have never tried that one. I have always used aluminum foil. :-)

Love the new things. I haven't been or even seen any PC stuff in years either. I haven't met anyone out here that sells it. Maybe I will have to look them up on the internet and see what kinds of new things they have these days!

Thanks for all your encouraging words! I will try to call soon! I am really tired this week with it being the first full week back to work!

Miss ya and I am jealous that you are heading to Vegas for 5 days instead of Chicago but I understand completely!

Love ya! (sorry for the journal!)

Prudence Arcadia said...

That is adorable! Funny, I am also waiting on a kitchen related package!

Oh and you went SQUEE! I spread my eviiiil from "teh" anime underworld to the so-called legit mommy world! bwhahahahaha!!

I want some pie!

Oh, and I have never made a casserole....

Pampered Chef seems so fun!

Jess said...

lol thanks! I'm convinced I have multiple personality disorder, but thats what I get for self diagnosis on WebMD. Well, I take that back, it could be MPD or botuchlisim, you know how silly WebMd is ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Renata said...

Looks like you got lots of lovely (& useful) things. I think the casserole holder looks great - I have an old one from my grandmother that's homemade & I find it very handy - yours looks MUCH sturdier!