When you walk in to the lobby you are greeted by the receptionist who immediately introduces herself and asks for your name. She then offers you a glass of Champagne, hot chocolate or orange juice. HECK YEAH COUNT ME IN PLEASE!! After being served your choice, she points to a comfortable sitting area with a majestic view of the mountains and tells you she'll be with you in a moment. Within a few short moments she has your room key and gives you a run down of the activities. We swam in 1 of their 3 pools. We napped, we ate and we just enjoyed the moment. We both had 2 spa treatments and swam and just relaxed. Most trips we took while living in Europe were spent touring and running around trying to see all we could in a short amount of time. This one was strictly for enjoyment and down time. Check out the meals/gastronomy page. Did you notice Strudel time for all pastry lovers in the afternoon. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The Gourmet menu was nothing to shake a stick at either. (I kept ours to remember what we had.)
1. Salad with Tuna, olives, haricot beans. 2. Clear soup with bread crumb dumplings or Cream soup of vegetables 3. Variation of Sea devil, codfish and perch on wheat noodles with vegetables and whipped cream with saffron or Roasted medallion of pork fillet on savoy in cream with potato cakes and carrots or Spinach dumplings on asparagus in cream with mushrooms. 4. Salads from the buffet 5. Small pancakes of almond and amaretto with coffee ice cream or Ice cream, cheese and fruit salad from the buffet.
The next morning we were up and off to breakfast. Let me tell you, I've never seen a spread like that before or since. They had everything from scrambled eggs to fruit and cheeses to ham, turkey and prime rib. No lie or exaggeration I promise. The entire weekend was to die for. The pictures we took were just the icing on the cake. Be sure to visit Candid Carrie and her Friday Foto Finish Fiesta. She always has something fun to share and so do her participants.
16 comments:
Amazing pictures...My husband and I took the 'Sound of Music' tour in Salzburg. Cheesy, but fun!
beautiful!
for a minute there i thought fall had sprung early in sunny ca.
Aw man, you make me want fall to get here!
Very beautiful.
These are great pics! Fall is my favorite time of year.
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip!
Beautiful. I love Fall ... all the colours...glorious.
Austria is on my list of places to visit ...
Beautiful pictures. Makes me want to visit.
ohhhh so pretty!! I wanna go!!
Great pictures! Very Beautiful!!
Not sure why my URL isn't working. Have you tried it lately? I know blogger was having issues for a couple of days.
Your pictures are sooo pretty! I'm very anxious for fall to get here and those pics only made it worse! ;o) The trip sounded wonderful too!
Wow, that place sounds amazing! my husband and I are planning a trip to Europe for our 5 yr wedding anniversary; I can't wait :)
I have to laugh at what Karin wrote! I thought the same thing! Then I took another look and realized that I had seen those pics before! I still love hearing all your stories about your travels! Some day maybe I will get over there as well!
ACK! I miss Austria and Germany! I should post for you some of my pics, so I too, can reminisce! That spa sounds divine!
I heart autumn! It be my favorite!
Wow that sounds divine.
Oh my word, I am salivating just reading about the food and then I looked at the gastronomy and I swear I am suddenly ravenous!!! Austria is in my top 3 of places I want to visit!
Oh my goodness!! Thanks for pointing me to this wonderful post. I have always wanted to go to that part of Europe--just breathtaking!
Thanks for stopping by The Journey on my SITS day! (And let me know if you figure out how to do those accent marks.)
Post a Comment